What To Expect During Your Session
- The session will not be rushed. Unlike a studio photographer with a predetermined start and finish time, I arrange to spend a few hours with the subjects. Because of this, there is no stress about getting the perfect shot in a short period of time. We will take our time and have fun. There will be time for snack breaks, playing and the occasional meltdown.
- Kids will feel more comfortable in an environment that they know, whether it be your home or a local park. This also lends itself to a greater range of backgrounds than photography studio backdrops.
- If your session will be held outdoors, the best time for maximizing natural light is approximately 9:00 A.M. or late afternoon/early evening up to an hour before sunset.
- I will travel up to 50 miles from Hebron, Connecticut (zip code 06248).
- Approximately one to two weeks after the session, an average of 20-25 edited proofs will be posted in a password-protected gallery.
- The gallery will be available for five days so you can preview your photographs and make your print selections.
- Payment is due at the time of your order. Cash or check are preferred but Paypal is also an option.
- Recommended 1 to 3 weeks after birth. The earlier the better for newborn sleepy poses.
- Photo session is done in your home so newborns do not have to be transported.
- Session lasts approximately 2 to 4 hours. This allows time for changes, feeding, and cuddling.
What to wear: Au natural is best for baby. Hats and head bands look cute too. I have a few that I will bring to the session.
- Have your child dressed in loose clothing before the session to help keep away any elastic marks. For parents, plain white or black colored shirts/tank tops and jeans look great.
Family Sessions & Children Over 3 Weeks
- Session lasts approximately 1-2 hours
- What to wear: Casual attire. Bright solid colors, sundresses, overalls, blue jeans, dress up shirts, tutus, accessories such as headbands, scarves, hats and jackets. Try to stay clear of busy patterns and logos. For group shots, coordinating colors look great! Everyone does not need to dress the same, e.g. blue jeans & white shirts. Check out catalogs/websites from Gymboree, Gap, JCrew etc. for color suggestions.